With Labor Day weekend just a few days away, the time is near when we turn our thoughts to the upcoming autumn season and the festivities it includes, from football games to Halloween haunts. For many, fall is their most favorite season for its cooler weather and the guarantee of a vivid show from nature.
Keeping your fall decorating as simple as can be gives you less time spent indoors and more time spent outdoors enjoying the beauty of the changing season. Here are ten simple ways to decorate with autumn leaves !
1. Spray adhesive, cardstock, and ribbon are all the supplies you’ll need to transform fallen leaves into ornaments for display on branches around your home.
2. Gather a collection of oak or maple leaves and string them up along a bookcase, table, or countertop for a festive fall display.
3. Decoupage small leaves to wax candles to dress them up for a centerpiece.
4. Press leaves between heavy books to flatten them then display them behind glass or in a shadow box to make seasonal shelf or mantel art.
5. The fall season brings the harvest and with it comes savory flavors. Schedule a wine tasting party and label your vino with cardstock leaves cut from colorful papers.
6. Acorns are easily glued to a craft frame, then layer a leaf on linen inside as a focal point.
7. Speaking of frames, if you have an empty one, paint it in a vivid hue and insert a simple autumn leaf garland as the subject matter.
8. Use a dab of craft glue to adhere real leaves or ones made from paper to a pumpkin, vary the colors of the leaves or paper for interest.
9. Gather miniature vases and insert leaves collected on an autumn walk for a colorful display on a tray.
10. Clip branches and place them in a tall vase for a simple yet stunning show on the mantel.
Are you excited for the upcoming show from nature?
How do you decorate with fall leaves?
11 Responses to “ Ten Simple Ways to Decorate with Fall Leaves ”