A busy family can quickly make for a messy home unless there are tools in place to keep clutter at bay on the home front. I’ve been thinking of ways to increase the order around my house and found these ten smart ideas for keeping the family more organized at home.
1. Tuck a small office filled with family schedules into a niche in a main room, and include places for charging gadgets and phones while you catch up on mail and bills.
2. Place a bench into a main traffic area complete with cubbies for shoes and bins for frequently used objects.
3. Use a shoe organizer suspended on the back of a door for a different purpose, instead to corral knick knacks or kitchen utensils.
4. Label bright colored buckets for each child or for objects to ease the organization process of sports equipment or toys.
5. Create a reminder zone inside a commonly used kitchen cabinet and keep office supplies suspended nearby.
6. Hang wall organizers to minimize paper clutter and assign each one to a family member to keep track of sports schedules, homework, or other important paperwork.
7. Apply chalkboard paint to doors in a community zone to remind family members of upcoming events, chores, or tasks.
8. Invest in subdividers for deep drawers to help you save time finding small objects and to avoid piles of tangled household necessities that are difficult to differentiate from each other.
9. Make gift wrap, ribbon, and cards easily accessible with a back door organizer to be ready at a moment’s notice when that next birthday party invitation arrives.
10. Dedicate some wall space for tall cubbies in an entry, one for each family member’s shoes, backpacks and outerwear.
Having a place for everything is the key to avoiding unnecessary clutter and always knowing where to find the important things when you need them. What is your best trick you can share that helps you keep your family organized on a daily basis?
57 Responses to “ 10 Smart Ideas for Family Organization ”