Every year, during the holidays, I put a great deal of thought into what gifts to give my family and friends. After purchasing presents for people near and dear to me throughout the month of December (and occasionally as early as November), I always seem to put off gift-wrapping until the last possible minute (sometimes as late as December 24!). That being said, my gift-wrapping usually ends up being subpar.
I got to thinking about how much I enjoy receiving a gift that is tastefully and beautifully packaged. Gift-wrapping is truly an art. So, this year I’ve decided to go a different route. After all, shouldn’t we put as much thought into the presentation of the gift as we did in purchasing it? If you’re ready to step-up your gift-wrapping game like me, then check out these 5 stellar ideas to take your gift-giving to the next level.
1. How fun are these DIY Gold Tipped Paper Feathers? Thanks to Lia Griffith you can easily make your own gold tipped feathers!
2. Make snow white wrapping paper pop with A Ruffled Life‘s DIY Present Topper.
3. Have you ever considered decorating parchment paper with tape? Neither did I until I stumbled upon Almost Makes Perfect‘s DIY Washi Tape Gift Wrapping tutorial. It opens up a whole new world of gift-wrapping!
4. If you’re looking for something pretty and pink, then take a peek at this colorful Winter Scene tutorial courtesy of Midwest Living.
5. Get the kids involved! Splash of Something‘s DIY Reindeer Prints tutorial is quick to make and easy to follow.
Hello Style Spotters! I hope the holiday season is in full swing for you all, and that you’ve got time planned to spend with family and friends! If you’re like me, you haven’t even started thinking about gifts or decorating or all those holiday shenanigans yet–and that’s ok. I’ve pulled together a few last-minute options for you to take a look at.
I love this simple copper card tree holder tutorial from The Nest. It’s perfect for showing off all the cute cards you receive this holiday season while adding extra Christmas cheer to your home at the same time.
Want a new way to wrap all those presents? Take a look at these cute DIY wrapping paper ideas from Hello Natural. What a fun way to add a little homemade flair to an already awesome gift.
I have a horrible track record with mittens. It seems like the day after I get them, they get lost. For the mitten-losers out there, try this adorable sew-your-own tutorial from A Beautiful Mess. Find an old sweater and start sewing! Hopefully you won’t lose your handiwork (Terrible pun intended. Bear with me).
Last minute holiday party? Look no further. Try this awesome Colorful DIY Christmas Party guide from Paper & Stitch. Go wild with bright colors or tame with more traditional red’s and green’s. Either way, you’ll have a room your guests will be sure to remember!
And looking for that last-minute hostess gift? Try these etched wooden spoons from Design Mom to help them cook with style. Cheap, easy and fun, whoever you give them to will love them!
And there you have it! Enjoy the holidays, friends! See you next year!