Trend: Beautiful garlands!
Everywhere I look I see leaves covering the ground, but here and there I’ll spy a flower holding onto it’s bloom for just a little bit longer. The last little bits of summer are still here, mixed with fall. That’s what inspired this sweet thing. Here’s how you can make it for yourself…
- 2 felt sheets of each color you use (I used 3 colors)
- 1 sheet of red felt
- 3 yards of baker’s twine or yarn
- hot glue
- Choose a main color and cut out 1.5 – 2″ diameter circles (no worries about making the circles perfectly even). For the last two colors cut out 1″ diameter circles from one sheet and 1.5 – 2″ diameter circles from the other sheet.
- To make the first flower type, glue one felt circle in half. Fold again and glue. Glue the corners of about 5 to 8 folded circles together. Glue the flowers onto the baker’s twine as you go along. Repeat.
- To make the second flower type cut little strips into one side of 8 – 10 circles. Glue the uncut ends together. Glue onto the twine as you go along.
- Grab your red felt and cut tiny 1/2 inch circles. Glue onto baker’s twine as you go along.
- Hang and enjoy!
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama
Welcome to our new Friday Finds series where I’ll be sharing some of my favorite posts from our BHG Insiders. Here’s what’s inspiring me this week…
I always been a fan of patterns but didn’t consider working triangles into decor until I saw this collection of triangle wall treatments from Oleander and Palm. It’s such a bold way to dress up white walls!
Whenever I go to the farmers market I consider buying succulents but never do. These stylish DIY PVC planters from Squirrelly Minds might be enough to get me to finally make the purchase.
I don’t know what’s more impressive about this 2 Day Kitchen Makeover from Not Just a Housewife – that it was done so quickly or that it cost less than $600.
I hate to say it but summer’s winding down and it’s almost time for school to start. On the bright side, at least you can personalize your little one’s supplies with these “Property Of” printable stickers from Confetti Sunshine!
I love how Finding Home Online turned vintage doors into a DIY desk! Plus, the colorful accents and cute office accessories really pull the entire look together.
Bloggers, would you like to work with us and have a chance to be featured in our upcoming Friday Finds? Apply to be a BHG Insider here!
- Kenzie Kramer, Social Media Editorial Assistant