TREND: Strong colors and patterns, mixed together
This office uses elements that are anything but subtle (see: hot pink chair, zebra-print ottoman, et all), but mixes them together in a way that looks cohesive and even calm. The key is sticking with a tried and true color palette like the preppy staple of pink and green, and then punching it up with bolder versions of that color within the room. Then just vary the textures and scale of patterns, and you’ve got a winning room.
You can get a similar look with the items below.
- Alisha Ottoman Bench, Walmart
- Geo Zipper Orange Drum Shade Pendant, Shades of Light
- Billy Bookcase (with a DIY plywood overlay), IKEA
- Croft and Barrow Outdoor Pillow, Kohl’s
- I Like Big Books and I Can Not Lie Print, Theloveshop
- Reid Adjustable Desk Lamp, Lumens.com
- Rose Silk Paint, Benjamin Moore
- Baby Seal Black Paint, Benjamin Moore
- Jacqui Console/Desk, Bungalow 5
- Peonies for the Table Print, Pratt Creek Art
- Fuchsia Nina Chair, Cost Plus World Market
- Slim Coffee Table, Room & Board
– Nicole Balch, Making it Lovely