Written on September 6, 2012 at 3:59 am , by Chelsey Andrews
Running a business from home can be, well, a little crazy. Especially with a kiddo running around. I finally got tired of losing my lists, pens, pencils, and anything else I seem to need everyday. SO, this brings me to the Fridge Work Station. I don’t actually sit next to my fridge and work, but I now know where all my office supplies are. Using a bunch of old empty tins, we are officially organized. Plus, we now have a chalkboard to leave to-do’s or love notes.
I know technology is supposed to negate the need for paper notes, but you just can’t beat the classic pen and paper. Having all necessary info right out there. It’s hard to miss. I tried all those handy apps to help keep me organized, but those haven’t been as helpful as I had hoped.
It’s a quick project, here’s how I created it:
- Super strong magnets (I suggest purchasing these at a home supply store)
- Strong permanent glue
- Empty tins (I used 4)
- Small chalkboard
- Optional: A small vintage wooden box + wire to wrap around it
- Using the glue to adhere the magnets to the back of your tins and chalkboard. Wait 24 hours (to let the glue dry). And, that’s it!
- If you find a vintage wooden box, and don’t want to glue magnets directly to the box: wrap and tie wires around the end. Glue the magnets to the wire (instead of the box).
- If you want, print out the freebie lists I provided.
- Enjoy your organization.
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama