Trend: 14 Neat Pet DIY Ideas
We love our pets, but that doesn’t mean all of their toys and supplies needs to make our homes look like a pet store. Check out these 14 Neat Pet DIY Ideas to inspire some pet crafting in your home!
1) Let’s be honest, a lot of cat scratchers are pretty ugly. This pretty color blocked cat scratching post will fit right in most homes and your kitty will love it. Found on A Beautiful Mess.
2) If you are a little more crafty and know how to use power tools check out this amazing DIY Geometric Doghouse. Found on Home Made Modern.
3) After you’re done building a dog house for your pup you will need to make a home for your kitty! Check out how to make this tiny kitty tent on Instructables.
4) Sometimes there is just too much stuff on the floor and cats like being up high anyway, so this cat bed made from a basket and installed on the wall is wonderful! Might not be strong enough for my 20 pound cat, but it’s cute. Found on Flickr from Silfide.
5) Do you have a dog that’s crazy for cat food and it’s hard to keep it away from him? Well, I made this cat food table and it’s just the right height to keep my chihuahua out of the food. Check it out on The Paper Mama.
6) Forget storing pet food in the ugly bags they come in. Make your own little dog or cat food containers! This post shares free printables to make your own on I Heart Organizing.
7) Dress up your doggy door with a little paint to create a faux frame! Found on the Lowes blog.
8) Would you like a more modern dog dish for your pup? This DIY raised pet feeder is perfect. Check it out on Curbly.
9) Litter boxes are the worst. You should definitely create something to hide it. This IKEA hack can be found on IKEA Hackers.
10) It’s almost impossible to keep my cats off of any tables or windowsills, so why not give them a special spot by the window? Check out this DIY cat window perch on Hymns and Verses.
11) Dog beds don’t have to be boring. Make this cool modern dog bed for your home! Found on Centsational Girl.
12) This lovely dog bed is a little more of an advanced project, but these ladies show you exactly how to make it. Found on A Beautiful Mess.
13) Sometimes you need to keep your pets out of a certain room, so make this neat DIY dog gate out of a folding bookcase. I love the sign. Found on DIY Showoff.
14) Make this cute little leash holder wall mount to keep your walking supplies ready to go right by the door. Found on the Lowes Blog.
We want to see what you’re crafting! You can share a link to what you’ve made in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram with a photo (my user name is @thepapermama).
– Chelsey, The Paper Mama