Trend: 15 Small Baby Room Solutions
Back in May my husband and I got a bit of a surprise, we’re expecting our second child! We are beyond thrilled and can’t wait to bring this little love into the world, but we are also realizing that we don’t actually have anywhere to put this new baby. Whoops! Our home is 950 square feet and has exactly 2 small bedrooms. Our first daughter is 5 years old and we feel bad putting a little baby into her room, so we came up with an idea: we will turn our tiny kitchen nook into the smallest of bedrooms, ever. It’s so small, but perfect for a little baby/little kid. We just need to build a wall and door, and we are done.
Since this room is so small my husband and I will need to get a bit creative with how we arrange the room and what we put in it. Below you’ll find 15 Small Baby Room Solutions that have really inspired me to get started on my little baby’s room. Enjoy!
Closets turned into baby rooms:
1) This is inspiring. This 25 square foot closet was turned into the perfect little baby nook. Talk about using the space you have, from Apartment Therapy.
2) I’ve been admiring this little crib in a closet space for years now. So lovely, from Apartment Therapy.
3) If your closet isn’t long enough for a full size crib, buy a mini crib for your small closet, from Lovely Morning.
4) This shared bedroom is so lovely and Melissa shares where most of these items came from (if they were DIY or purchased), from Melissa Esplin.
5) This shared space is so simple and lovely, from Bleubird.
6) I love almost anything Joni does, but this small shared baby and kid room is the best, from Lay Baby Lay.
7) This open closet set up is lovely and perfect for a small space nursery, from Project Nursery.
8) Use all the space in your closet with hanging shelves on the back of the doors, from The Avid Appetite.
9) Maximize your closet space by installing cubbies and drawers, from Project Nursery.
10) Turn a small closet space into the whole diaper changing space, along with other baby storage, from BHG.
11) This changing table is actually a rolling tool cart… so cool. Just roll this thing around as you need it, from Apartment Therapy.
12) When you have a baby there are diapers EVERYwhere. I love this Ikea wall shelf turned diaper storage, from Our Dream Foreclosure.
13) Add wheels to some old drawers and they can sit under the crib full of toys, from Oleander and Palm.
14) Use removable baskets to organize your baby’s dresser drawers, from I Heart Organizing.
15) Make these small space wall bookshelves for under $30, from Just a Girl Blog.
I hope you’re having a wonderful week!
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama