We all have habits we need to break (“I’ll get to it”) and habits we need to acquire (“It shouldn’t take too long”). Now’s the time to get a jump start on maintaining a clutter-free home by organizing the spaces you neglected in 2015. We discovered stylish and affordable storage solutions from the Better Homes and Gardens collection at Walmart to help you keep a tidy home year round. The BHG Live Better Network of Bloggers were challenged to share creative organization and storage hacks and have revealed clever tips and project ideas that will help you tackle clutter and organize chaotic spaces for every room in your home.
1. Tight on closet space? Stacy Risenmay of Not Just a Housewife installed hanging shelves to maximize space in her 1938 cottage. Mix and match boxes, baskets and bins and be sure to leave room for your favorite collectibles.
2. Taryn Whitaker from Design Dining and Diapers recommends placing all of your utensils in a canister for easy everyday access. Here, she personalizes her Kitchen Storage accessories with simple DIY typography accents.
3. Let Shannon Fox from Fox Hollow Cottage show you how to give your closet the overhaul it deserves. See how she uses the Better Homes and Gardens 11-Compartment Hanging Closet Organizer to create a functional space for all of her favorite items.
4. A pop of color and a touch of personality, this Square 4-Cube Organizer with 4 Collapsible Fabric Bins styled by Jamielyn Nye from I Heart Naptime helps minimize her son’s messy after school tendencies.
6. Don’t let your clothes hang over the chair in your closet, consider replacing it with a Round Tufted Storage Ottoman. Debbie Westbrooks from Refresh Restyle uses her ottoman for storing pillows and out of season clothing (and it looks great too!)
7. Anna Moseley from Ask Anna squeezed in extra storage under her daughter’s lofted bed to create a tidy and creative hideaway. Consider placing decorative pillows atop the 3-Cube Organizer with 2 Collapsible Fabric Storage Bins to be used as a reading perch or extra seating for your little ones.
8. Monica Benavidez from Monica Wants It brightened up her closet space with Better Homes and Gardens cube organizers. Closet organization requires little time and frees up space you never thought you had.
9. Randi Dukes from Dukes and Duchesses retired her old plastic laundry hamper for a stylish Square Caged Hamper on wheels. This easy to wheel hamper is the perfect addition for an industrial style laundry room look.
10. Kim Demmon from Today’s Creative Life used Flip Tite containers to establish a more efficient pantry for the whole family to enjoy. Rid your pantry of half eaten boxes and mix and match container sizes to make the most of your kitchen storage.
11. Chris Nease from Celebrations at Home masters drawer organization by featuring one drawer five ways. This bamboo piece offers enough room to organize a myriad of items and spaces in any drawer throughout your home.
12. Select furniture that is versatile and can be used in the kitchen, craft room or garage. This wire cart used by Kimberly Sneed from A Night Owl Blog is suitable for produce and includes cube storage and labels to make organization a breeze.
15. Update your kitchen decor with clear canisters for a perfect addition to any counter, shelf or pantry space. Amy Clark from Mom Advice used an Acacia Wood-Top Jar to rearrange her open shelving unit.
For all of these products and more, visit Walmart.com/BetterHomesandGardens.