Trend: Decluttering and Organizing Your Home with Free Printable Sorting Signs
It’s time to Spring clean and maybe get ready for a much needed garage sale. I know just the thought of organizing the whole home sounds exhausting, but decluttering doesn’t have to be stressful. Start the process with a plan and don’t worry about finishing it all at once! Where do you begin? I like to start with a room that we use most often and then I set up a little organizing station so I can easily organize the stuff I’m going through while I’m cleaning. I always have a trash bag, donate box, consignment box, and a keep box (anything that goes in the keep box gets put away right after I’m done organizing). I also like to tackle one room at a time, but if I don’t have much time to clean I’ll just work on one section of a room, like the closet.
When you’re going through stuff at home there are a few questions you should ask yourself:
- Does this clothing item still fit me? If it doesn’t, get rid of it.
- Have I worn this clothing item in the last year? If no, donate or sell.
- Do I use this item? If no, figure out if there is somewhere you can use it, or get rid of it.
- Is this item broken? If it is, is it worth fixing?
- If I’m ready to get rid of this item do I donate it, or try to sell it? I like to bring some of my clothing items to a local consignment shop. If we are getting rid of larger home items sometimes we will try to sell it online. If you don’t have time to do that in the next month, donate.
If you want to keep on top of organizing throughout the whole year, set up labeled baskets (using my free printable sorting signs) in your home so you can easily toss items you no longer need into these organized categories. I always have a donate and consignment basket ready to go in my laundry room. Click here to download my “keep, trash, consign, and donate” signs and click here to download my “garage sale, sell online, too big, and too small” signs. I printed my signs onto card stock, cut them out, and used some string to hang the sign from the baskets. If you want the sign to last longer, laminate it.
If you ARE getting ready for a garage sale, I’ve also made some printable “SALE” arrows for you to use. Print the out onto card stock, then cut them out.
Are you ready to Spring clean and get ready for summer with an organized home? I hope my tips helped!
We want to see what you’re crafting! You can share a link to what you’ve made in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram with a photo (my user name is @thepapermama).
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama