Who doesn’t love a good makeover? I’m obsessed with them these days! From fabulous new facades to a side table turned into a cake stand, I’m always amazed by creative ideas. With my obsession in mind, I scoured countless blogs to discover my favorite furniture refreshes for this month’s Best of the Blogs feature. Here are my top picks!
1. This revamped table from House of Fifty shows that little details go a long way. I’m all about gold accents right now!
Photo Credit: House of Fifty
2. This Ikea-hack dresser from Sarah Hearts combines two of my favorite trends: two-tone and overlays.
Photo Credit: Sarah Hearts
3. More Ikea upgrades! This one, featured on Armelle, gets a new look with fresh white paint and eye-catching hardware.
Photo Credit: Armelle
4. I’m always pleasantly surprised when people turn basic items into creative pieces. This toddler chair-turned-planter from Four Generations One Roof is such a fun way to recycle unused furniture.
Photo Credit: Four Generations One Roof
5. One thing I’m currently coveting for my work space is a colorful tray to use as a catchall. I love that this DIY tray from Simplified Bee can be customized with inexpensive wallpaper scraps.
Photo Credit: Simplified Bee
6. I’m a sucker for all things colorful, especially this bold green chair from Young House Love. The rattan-inspired design and cheerful ikat pattern make it my ideal office chair.
Photo Credit: Young House Love
7. A ladder turned into shelving? Yes, please. One of my favorite things about this makeover from A Beautiful Mess is that that you can easily remove the shelves to use the ladder for its original purpose.
Photo Credit: A Beautiful Mess
8. I’m amazed at how Remodelaholic turned this inexpensive table into a console with drawers and shelves. I’m also a big fan of baskets and how they add contrast to this piece.
Photo Credit: Remodeacholic
9. As I said, I love a pop of color. This teal table from Yellow Brick Home brightens the entire entryway and the Greek key pattern on the sides is the perfect subtle detail.
Photo Credit: Yellow Brick Home
10. A touch of rustic style is a great unexpected element and these reclaimed wood tables from Kojo Designs seem incredibly simple. They also saved extra money by using wood from a fence they had just taken down!
Photo Credit: Kojo Designs
11. I think this refreshed empire dresser from Picked and Painted is the perfect cottage style piece. The slightly distressed paint gives it a great worn in look while the glass knobs add a touch of elegance.
Photo Credit: Picked and Painted
Have you ever given a piece of furniture a new look? I have an old coffee table waiting for a fresh coat of paint and after seeing all of these projects I can’t wait to start! Next month we’ll be sharing some of our favorite 4th of July decorations and DIYs. Do you have one that you’d like to send our way? Shoot me an email at BHGBloggers@Meredith.com.
- Kenzie Kramer, Social Media Editorial Assistant