Written on June 25, 2013 at 10:10 pm , by Nicole Balch
TREND: Worn, vintage/antique textures
Have you noticed that rug companies have started offering plenty of new rugs with a fake ‘old’ finish? And of course distressing on furniture has been around forever. The bedroom above combines a number of worn textures: the antique (or antique-looking) rug, the wicker/rattan stools, and the matching dressers. Even the grasscloth wallpaper, with its imperfectly matched seams, adds to the look. Abstract artwork, bold pattern on the bed, and an unfussy canopy bed contrast and complete the room nicely.
You can achieve a similar look with the items below.
- Italian Campaign Canopy Bed, Anthropologie
- Acacia Grass Pink Ballet Slipper Grasscloth Wallpaper, Ralph Lauren
- Floral Crewelwork Pillow, Wisteria
- Nava Brinjal Pillowcase, John Robshaw
- Rattan Stool, Rejuvenation
- Soma Print, Heather Goodwind
- Herat Oriental Rug, Rugs USA
- Louis XVI Dresser, Ballard Designs
– Nicole Balch, Making it Lovely