Trend: 20 Creative Lighting DIYs
Bad lighting can really make a nice home feel dull and boring. Don’t let that happen to your house. There are a TON of great ideas out there to make your own Creative Lighting DIYs, so I explored the internets and found some of my favorites that I think you will all love. There’s something for everyone and each skill level. Ready?
1) This DIY Neon Letter Light is amazing! Found on I Spy DIY.
2) This Brass Chandelier DIY looks like a lot of work, but the end result is worth it. Found on One Kings Lane.
3) Do you know what those pendants are made from? Old camper stands! I love how they turned out. Found on The White Buffalo Styling Co.
4) These hanging lanterns are so cool. Made with rice paper lanterns from Ikea, then adding fabric triangles or spray painted paper strips. So cool. Found on Decor 8 blog and from the Danish BoligLiv magazine.
5) If you’d prefer an easier paper lantern DIY, this ombré hanging lantern is perfect! Found on Remodelista.
6) I could totally see this DIY Mod Twig light hanging over my dining table. Make it for under $10! Found on Curbly.
7) I’ve shared this lighted headboard in the past, but I love it so much I wanted to share it again. Found on A Beautiful Mess.
8) Yup, these pendant lights are made from recycled cardboard. Found on Sugar and Cloth.
9) This cool lamp is made with lightweight flexible wood and wire mesh. Found on Infarrantly Creative.
10) Sputnik chandeliers are out of my price range, but this Sputnik inspired IKEA light hack might just work for me. Found on Little Green Notebook.
11) How appropriate is this? A clothespin lamp I’m a laundry room. Found on Young House Love.
12) There are a lot of bubble lamp DIYs out there, but this one is my favorite. Why? This DIY is very user friendly and the lamp turned out great. Found on Small Notebook.
13) These hat lights are so much fun. Found on Paper n Stitch.
14) Transform Ikea’s Leran basket lamp into these pretty two toned creations. Found on Chatelaine.
15) Are you up for a fun paper folding project? Check out how to fold some paper into these cool lamps! Found on Curbly.
16) Yes, this is a vase turned into a light. I love it, especially the bright pink string wrapped around the wire. Found on My Pattern of Life.
17) This light would be so easy to make, made from a decorative metal sheet. Found on Cleverly Inspired.
18) I have to tell you guys, I’m still into ombré projects and these glass ombré pendants are lovely. Found on Design Love Fest.
19) This pendant light was made from two baskets! Found on Design Sponge.
20) If you’re not up for a big lighting project you can always purchase a DIY light. This light box is always a DIY. Change out the words daily if you’d like. Comes in different sizes. Found on Design Life Kids.
We want to see what you’re crafting! You can share a link to what you’ve made in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram with a photo (my user name is @thepapermama).
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama