Trend: 20 Lovely DIY Headboard Ideas
I always love to suggest making furniture items for your home, instead of buying them finished. I know I can’t make EVERY item in my home (that would probably make me crazy), but there are some items for the home that can be easily made. One of those items that you can easily create: a bed headboard! Below you will find a variety of lovely DIY headboard ideas that range from super easy to make (like a washi tape headboard), to a handmade tufted headboard. There’s something for every skill level.
1) Use washi tape to create a cityscape for a faux headboard. Found on Charlotte Minty.
2) I love Ikea hacks, and this one looks so simple to make. Head on over to the Sugar and Cloth blog to see the full DIY.
3) I’m loving this bookshelf headboard, found on Better Homes and Gardens.
4) This is a perfect headboard for anyone on a budget, just paint it on the wall! Found on Oh Oh Blog.
6) Guys, this headboard is made out of spray painted door mats! Check out the DIY on Kara Paslay Designs.
7) Here’s a quick way to update your headboard without buying a new one. Faux flowers weaved into the headboard, found on Design Love Fest.
8) This sweet chalkboard headboard would be so fun in a kid’s room. Found on Sparkle Power.
9) I love this string light house shape! Found on vtwonen.
10) If you want a more rustic headboard, check out this DIY on Samantha Elizabeth.
11) This faux tile headboard was created for $20! That’s amazing. Find the whole DIY on Sweet C’s Designs.
12) A vintage sheet, some wall art, and foam boards come together to create this pretty headboard. Found on Happiness is Homemade.
13) Sometimes all you need is a bit of fabric or a tapestry to create a backdrop for your bed. Found on The Finders Keepers.
14) I would have LOVED these teepee beds as a kid. Found on Babyology.
15) This pegboard headboard gives you the option to move things around. Easily switch out artwork and shelving. Found on Sugar and Cloth.
16) Isn’t this woven wooden headboard beautiful? Find the full DIY on the Lowes blog.
17) Do you love this wood headboard? It’s not really wood, it’s fabric. Check it out on Craft Hunter.
18) I’m 90% sure I will need to recreate this for my bedroom. I love it! Found on Dwell.
19) Better Homes and Gardens transformed a couple of vintage doors into lovely twin bed headboards. Find them on BHG.
20) This tufted headboard is magnificent! The full DIY is on Schue Love.
If you loved these headboard DIYs, check out my 10 DIY Bedroom Makeovers to Update Your Room.
We want to see what you’re crafting! You can share a link to what you’ve made in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram with a photo (my user name is @thepapermama).
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama