10 Brilliant Ways to Rock the Scandinavian-Bohemian Look
What do you get when you mix the brilliance of a bold aesthetic with an effortless attitude? A fresh, clean, and cheerful union of two style favorites into one clear vision. Yes, you guessed it: Scandinavian design with bohemian flair. Blending these two looks might seem like the most unlikely of pairings, but bringing the best of both philosophies into one cohesive approach has become a hot design trend. Here are 10 brilliant ways to rock this look.
1. Start with a white base. This style relies heavily on white walls, a main Scandinavian principle, which set a clean canvas for layering.
2. Use color and pattern in a controlled way. The idea is to add a unified palette that is consistent with a soft balance of form and arrangement through textiles.
3. Layer in the vintage. Use worn woods, mementos, metals, textiles, and memorabilia from the past to make this look pop. The key is to prevent clutter and let one-of-a-kind objects stand out.
4. Texture is an essential element. Blend cozy and warm textures as well as a variety of woven and organic materials to achieve a layered feel.
5. Adding greenery is a design staple. There are plenty of plant choices out there depending on the amount of light you have in your home. Be sure to add a variety of species, sizes, and forms for an authentic vibe.
6. Light and warm wood tones are a must. A well-intentioned mix is good but be sure the space feels balanced by repeating similar hues.
7. Go big with lighting. Large overhead lighting such as pendants or chandeliers become statement pieces in a room. Texture and neutrals always work well with these lighting styles.
8. Hardwood floors are a basic. Layering textured rugs with subtle patterns highlights this main design component.
9. Clean lines are an important part of the appeal. You can mix and match your furnishings but keeping in mind that less can be more.
10. Maintain a simple approach. This look tips slightly in favor of the Scandinavian style, so an effortless and unassuming attitude is important.
One Response to “ 10 Brilliant Ways to Rock the Scandinavian-Bohemian Look ”