5 Reasons to Bring Back Brass
When I left my house in my early twenties, I swore I would never, ever use brass in my own place. My mother has a fondness for it, and she used it everywhere from lighting to frames to little knickknacks. I could never understand why; I preferred anything silver at the time. Little did I know, she was right on trend. And what is even more shocking, 20 years later I honestly can’t get enough of this beautiful, at-times tarnished and full-of-depth metal myself. I have it in every room of my house and wonder why it took me this long to see its full potential. Here are five reasons you should bring back brass too.
1. It is a timeless trend that is here to stay for awhile. That is what the style forecasts say anyway. Regardless, it is a classic so it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
2. It is a great neutral with tons of warmth and texture. It can work within any design style and it mixes well with other metals and materials.
3. It looks amazing with any tone of gray. I bet most homes across the country have been affected in some way by the gray craze. Brass has a modern sensibility that can warm your grays in an instant. Throw in some crisp whites and maybe even a pop of bold color and your have a whole new look.
4. Less can be more, which means you don’t need to rush out and change everything. You can add a few accessories here and there, bring in a statement mirror, change lighting, and update hardware to get on board with this trend.
5. You can easily find secondhand brass items for your home. Check Craigslist, estate sales, Etsy, and even your local thrift stores. The more aged it is, the better patina it will have and you will save a ton at checkout. Plus vintage items tell a story in a way that’s more visually appealing than new pieces.
Thank you for stopping by. Happy decorating!
One Response to “ 5 Reasons to Bring Back Brass ”