From Aisle To Home: Holiday Hostess Hacks
‘Tis the season for entertaining! Are you in the process of getting your house in tip-top shape for the many guests you’re expecting? Whether you’re a holiday decor master or new to the scene, there’s always room to welcome change.
This month the BHGLiveBetter Blogger Network was challenged to share holiday hacks and entertaining secrets to make for memorable holiday hosting. We hope you’ll find some helpful tips and new pieces to introduce to your growing collection.
1. Complete your holiday shopping ahead of time and make room for a little DIY action. See how Brooke Ulrich of All Things Thrifty used two plaid placemats to create a darling Christmas pillow. Incorporate galvanized bins, chic lanterns, and wood decor to achieve a similar look.
2. Take after Stephanie Watkins of Casa Watkins to create a welcoming entryway this season. Attach a wintery scene, holiday card, or family photo to a White Clip Frame to complement the decor on your entryway table. Bonus: The clip frame can also double as a gift!
3. Ashley Thurman of Cherished Bliss sets her table with comfort in mind. From personalized place cards to a cozy Chenille Throw repurposed as a table runner, your tablescape will welcome house guests to join in on a warm and fuzzy dinner celebration.
4. It doesn’t take much to introduce the spirit of Christmas. Rebecca Lopez of The Crafted Sparrow makes her fireplace hearth glow. With silver, metallics, brush trees, and plush velvet throws, you too can change the feel of a room in a few simple steps.
5. Every corner of your home could use some holiday glam. Ashley of Domestic Imperfection shows us how a simple display of your favorite holiday serveware, such as festive pieces from the Heritage Collection, can make a statement.
6. Think outside the box and introduce family and friends to the magic that is Ursula Carmona’s tablescape. Seek out unconventional ways to play with height, such as elevating your centerpiece on an Acacia Wood Marble Cake Stand from Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart. Hop over to Homemade By Carmona to see what inspired this look.
7. Opt for a vintage-inspired tablescape. The medieval-style Crossbar Metal Lanterns that Heidi Ferguson of Honeybear Lane selected, paired with soft Chenille Throws, complement a relaxed look, making us want to join her for a morning cup of coffee as well as a holiday feast.
8. Forget the worry of lighting real candles and follow the lead of Liz Latham from Hoosier Homemade. Create an ambiance throughout your home with flameless LED Pillar Candles to carry you through the holiday season.
9. Anchoring this gorgeous holiday display is a Walnut Console Table from Better Homes and Gardens, perfectly suited to serve as an entryway piece. Destiny Alfonso of Just Destiny shows off her entertaining style by layering this space with the pieces that matter most, including bite-size treats for her guests.
10. Don’t forget the hot cocoa bar! Whether it’s a snow day, cookie exchange, or family gathering, Chelsea Coulston of Making Home Base reminds us to have enough Mugs on hand for each guest who attends.
11. Set yourself up for success by introducing designated stations at your holiday party. No detail goes unnoticed at Cassity Kmetzch of Remodelaholic’s beverage table. Fill White Metal Lanterns with bright colored bulbs for added flair.
12. Set the table ahead of time so you can focus on perfecting your dinner presentation. Ashley Phipps of Simply Designing masters the organization of her holiday table by using a variety of affordable Serveware from Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart.
13. Jennifer Hadfield of Tatertots & Jello shows off the versatility of her Rustic Country Bar Cart by transforming the piece into a holiday game night station, fully stocked with snacks, beverages, and games.
15. Challenge your kiddos to help set the table this year. Amanda and Bethany of Whoa, Wait. Walmart? know how to get it done! This affordable Kids’ Metal Table & Set of Chairs can comfortably fit four, but at this price, consider lining up a few tables to make it a party!
For all of these products and more, visit Walmart.com/BetterHomesandGardens