From Aisle to Home: Fresh and Affordable Holiday Table Settings
What’s your holiday decorating personality? From serveware to dinnerware and every entertainment need in between, the Better Homes and Gardens collection at Walmart will help you achieve seasonal looks for less, making your guests feel right at home.
This month the BHGLiveBetter Blogger Network was challenged to share their greatest tips on how to achieve both a gracious and affordable entertaining experience.
1. Anna Moseley of Ask Anna went for a layered look by mixing and matching dinnerware. Don’t shy away from introducing patterns such as the Sabin Striped Dinner Plate with a terra-cotta look to your collection .
2. Ever fall in love with serveware so much that you get an urge to place your favorite pieces on display? See how Lolly Jane incorporates this Better Homes and Gardens Harvest Platter into her floating shelf arrangement.
3. Marie Chorak of Blooming Homestead brightens a natural color palette with bold reds and oranges for a dazzling autumnal pop. These affordable Braided Jute Placements lay the perfect foundation for any tablescape.
5. Looking to add a unique piece to your dining table? See how Beth Hunter of Home Stories A to Z adds an Acacia Wood Bark Charger to each place setting, a beautiful complement to a magnolia garland, dried eucalyptus, rose petals, and a fall-leaf centerpiece.
6. Gloribell Lebron of I Don’t Know How She Does It wows guests with fresh flowers and earth tones. Consider filling a festive candle holder with pine cones and carry those natural hues across each table setting by placing a Wood Charger beneath each plate.
7. Take after Jen Migonis of Migonis Home and temporarily ditch your everyday salt and pepper shakers for Pumpkin Salt and Pepper Shakers for Thanksgiving. You may even trick guests into thinking they’re part of your centerpiece!
8. Take after Monica Cruz of Monica Wants It, and opt for unconventional ways to display fresh flowers around your home by using a Pumpkin Soup Tureen. Consider surprising the host of your Friendsgiving celebration with a similar flower arrangement.
9. Less is more! Stacy Risenmay of Not Just a Housewife has the how-to on creating a centerpiece that is simple, stunning, and oh-so sweet! Use an Acacia Wood and Marble Cake Stand to show off your favorite holiday recipes.
10. Looking to achieve a farmhouse rustic-style table setting for the holiday? Look no further than this tablescape from Debbie Westbrooks of Refresh Restyle. From a barnwood table to a pumpkin vase centerpiece and Copper Flatware, no detail is left unturned.
11. Hop over to Fox Hollow Cottage and snag a few tips from Shannon Fox. See the many ways decorative serveware and dinnerware can serve as decor throughout your home. Consider using a Better Homes and Gardens Acacia Tray to hold seasonal pumpkins and gourds.
14. Amy Bell of Positively Splendid uses her Marble Cake Stand to introduce varying heights across her centerpiece display. Check out that DIY painted pumpkin! Tip: Seek out a variety of decor accents, textiles, and seasonal items. Happy hunting!
For all of these products and more, visit Walmart.com/BetterHomesandGardens.