From Aisle To Home: 15 Easy Decor Hacks
There’s nothing quite like the onset of the holiday season where spare time becomes increasingly sparse. We’ve rounded up fifteen weekend-friendly projects that require little investment with big impact. From furniture to décor, the Better Homes and Gardens collection at Walmart will help you achieve an updated look with ease.
This month the BHGLiveBetter Blogger Network was challenged with creating easy décor hacks by using simple techniques such as layering and adding pops of color and texture to make small changes that result in maximum impact. Have a project you’d like to accomplish before the holidays arrive? Read on to source the inspiration you’ll need to get started.
1. A simple color scheme of navy and gold, as featured in the newly designed living room space by Brooke Ulrich from All Things Thrifty, serves as the perfect combination for welcoming bold accessories such as a Ceramic Lamp Base and soft Linen Drum Shade from Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart.
2. Maps, globes and Aztec prints! See how Stephanie Watkins of Casa Watkins sourced inspiration from this Global Diamond Print Rug to turn her son’s bedroom into a warm and inviting global-inspired space.
4. Rebecca Lopez from Crafted Sparrow lets us in on a little decorating secret: new sheets (wrinkle-free that is), calls for new throw pillows! Fringed Blue Denim, Faux Hide, Metallic Suede – mix and match color, texture and size for added contrast and comfort.
5. Angie Holden of The Country Chic Cottage shares how a small change can have big impact. Remember, it’s the details that make all the difference and sometimes just one piece of furniture such as a Bedside Table can introduce style and functionality you’ve been missing.
6. Decorating a kids room can be challenging. Take after Ashley from Domestic Imperfection and source answers from your children to inform priorities such as color and theme. Consider introducing a new set of Table and Chairs for creative learning and activities.
7. Create big impact on a small budget. See what important elements Ursula Carmona from Homemade by Carmona incorporates in her entryway and what carefully selected pieces such as this Console Table can help you achieve in a space.
8. Snag a few tips from Heidi Ferguson of Honeybear Lane and expose your guests to an inviting and functional entryway all season long. Textured, natural, traditional and warm, swap out existing accessories for hyacinth baskets, galvanized bins, decorative pillows and more!
11. Simple is sometimes best among a room full of bright color. See how Chelsea Coulston of Making Home Base incorporates white Quilted Euro Shams from Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart to balance color and introduce depth to her daughter’s comfy bed top display.
12. Cassity Kmetzsch of Remodelaholic incorporates quick bedding updates to brighten the look of her master bedroom. The Reversible Quilted Bedding Set used in this space is styled as a solid piece but can also be used to achieve a layered look.
13. Presenting ample storage in each of its six drawers with detailed metal knobs, this weather finished Crossmill Dresser selected by Ashley Phipps of Simply Designing compliments the look of her industrial styled bedroom makeover.
14. It’s a color party with Jennifer Hadfield of Tatertots & Jello! Jazz up your front porch and introduce equal amounts of color, height and texture by incorporating live goods, bold planters and accessories at the exterior entryway of your home.
15. Amanda Jerkins of Whoa, Wait. Walmart? guest bed display affirms just how decorative pillows can serve as the finishing touch of a well-made bed.
For all of these products and more, visit Walmart.com/BetterHomesandGardens