DIY-ify: 10 Clever Decorating Ideas for Small Spaces
Trend: 10 Clever Decorating Ideas for Small Spaces
It seems more and more people want to scale down their living spaces to live with less stuff. Decorating these small homes can be a challenge, so I’ve collected 10 Clever Decorating Ideas for Small Spaces.
1) This coffee table opens up into a great storage space! Great for blankets, magazines, and other items you want to hide in your living room. Found on vtwonen
2) This isn’t actually a new DIY, but it’s so cool. This was built into this stairway to hide booze during prohibition! These days it’s used to store other items. Found in NY Times (the home of Eric Schiller).
3) Makeover your front entry with some benches and wall hooks to create more storage and it looks great! This DIY was made for $85. Not bad. Found on The Natos.
4) We have some special wines that we are saving, but we don’t really have much space to store them. I love this vertical wine storage solution! Hide those bottles in some large PVC tubes behind a magnetic message board. Found on the Lowes blog.
5) Now that my daughter is headed into first grade, we are going to need some sort of study space for her in her tiny room. This fold down wall desk is perfect! She can just fold it away when she’s done. Found on Ana White (comes with free building plans).
6) Do you want to have guests stay with you, but you don’t really have anywhere for them to sleep? Consider installing a Murphy bed! The room can be an office by day, and a bedroom at night. Great DIY found on Addicted 2 DIY.
7) My tiny house only had one built in closet when we first bought it. That makes storing items kind of difficult, so a couple years ago my husband and I built a Mini Pantry. We fit it into the tiniest little space in our kitchen. Check out the DIY on the Home Depot Blog.
8) This DIY Pegboard Shelving Unit is like functional artwork. The perfect shelving unit for a small space. Found on Apartment Therapy.
9) Utilize all the space in those cupboards. Installing hooks and small shelves inside your cupboard door will give you a spot for those small kitchen items. Found on Jenna Burger.
10) Be sure to use all the space in your laundry room. Shelves above for organizing and a top over the washer and dryer so you can fold clothes. Found on Four Generations One Roof.
We want to see what you’re crafting! You can share a link to what you’ve made in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram with a photo (my user name is @thepapermama).
– Chelsey, The Paper Mama
One Response to “ DIY-ify: 10 Clever Decorating Ideas for Small Spaces ”