Summer House: 10 Easy Ways To Get The Look
Have you ever dreamed of having a summer house? A retreat, an oasis away from home, a place to kick back, find some peace & quiet and enjoy the splendors of summer? Sounds lovely, doesn’t it?! I think most of us have fantasized about this idea at one time or another but then reality sets in. What if I told you it is easier and way more affordable than you think. Look no further than your own home. You can make simple changes that gives the fresh perspective it deserves during these warmer months. Here are 10 easy ways to get the “summer house” look for less….
1. Getting creative with your walls can add a playful touch that inspires a cool & relaxed vibe in your home. Art can be expensive but luckily for us there are plenty of DIY wall ideas online. This botanical print below is actually a pressed palm I adhered to oak tag, without the frame it cost me under $2.
2. Using neutrals & whites in our home can give a bright & clean aesthetic that is reminiscent of summer. By simply changing out a few linens and adding some crisp touches you can alter the look of any space. Pair neutrals & whites with warm wood tones & woven materials and you have a match made in farmhouse heaven.
3. There is nothing better than bringing in the green in the summer months. Fresh flowers and house plants makes any home feel alive and happy. I have a few tropicals I bring outside in the warmer months and some I leave inside year round. Whether inside or out, plants & fresh flowers add that finishing touch.
4. Often using summer necessities as accessories can make a home feel effortlessly styled. Hanging hats, blankets, bags and jackets by a doorway is not only purposeful but gives an authentic layer that every summer house needs.
5. One of the easiest & most functional ways to add a little summer to your space is by using fruits and vegetables to decorate. Displaying fresh farm stand picks instantly brings that simple farm to table philosophy into your home. Not only are they so pretty to look at but it makes them accessible as well.
6. Summer decorating should feel relaxed and stress free. Using glass bottles, jars & containers that you already have is an easy way to display fresh flowers and greenery. You can add beads or even macramé to finish off the look. Tip-even if you don’t own any large ones, you can put together a collection of smaller ones that maybe you recycled.
7. Nothing says summer like classic checks, plaids and gingham. By adding a few simple accessories you can transform your table, sofa or bed. This is the time of year you will find a good selection of these printed linens, don’t be afraid to use these for different purposes. Tip-large napkins make perfect throw pillow covers.
8. While we are on the topic, lets talk pillows. This is a fun & affordable way to change the look of your space. You can buy pillows covers for as little as $5 at stores like H & M or you can make them yourself. Tablecloths are also another cheap & original way to make your own pillows, IKEA & Home Goods are great resources.
9. If you were to close your eyes and dream of that summer house I bet there would be a hammock involved. Laying in a hammock on a hot summer day, with a cold drink & good book in hand is the quintessential summer vacation vision. I have some good news, they are not just for the backyard anymore:).
10. Layering in blues to your space is a great way to bring a coastal connection to your home. You can add this classic color with art, pillows, tableware, throws and simple accessories.
Even if you use just a few ideas I bet it will make your summer season a little brighter. Have a happy day!
4 Responses to “ Summer House: 10 Easy Ways To Get The Look ”