DIY-ify: 12 Ideas to Make a Kid Friendly Garden
Trend: Ideas to Make a Kid Friendly Garden
It’s Spring and I’m guessing some of you are beginning to plan out what you will be doing in your garden. What will you plant? Are you building anything back there? How can you make it more kid friendly? I can help you with the last question. Below I’ve shared 12 ideas to make a kid friendly garden.
1) A pathway isn’t just a pathway. Add some numbers to the path to make a DIY Hopscotch game for the garden. Found on BHG.
2) Even though I LOVE cute playhouses, they can be a bit spendy. Skip building a mini house and use fence sections to create a little fort! This fun DIY was found on This Old House.
3) Gather some rocks and grab some paint to make these very cute garden markers. Get your kids involved to make them. Found on Adventures in a Box.
4) On my to do list: create a fairy garden with my daughter. It’s definitely a fun project to get your kids outside. Found on The Magic Onions.
5) If your kiddo is a bit younger and wants to help you water the garden, this project is for you. I transformed an old milk jug into a kid friendly watering jug. Check it out on The Paper Mama blog.
6) How fun is this little arbor bench? It’s the perfect size for kids. Found on The Crafting Chicks (from Ana White).
7) Make a special space in the garden that is just for your kid. Four years ago I made this small raised garden bed for my daughter (she’s so small in the photos) and she still loves it! It’s strictly a strawberry garden now, but it’s hers to take care of and she loves to show visitors her garden. Check out how we made this on the BHG Style Spotters Blog.
8) I had to share this full list of backyard games that Better Homes and Gardens put together from 14 different blogs. 14 game ideas to keep those kids busy outside! Check it out right here. The image below is from Studio DIY.
9) Kids go through bubble solution FAST and it’s kind of a pain to be refilling it non stop. Setting a a bubble refill station is genius! Found on Peninsula Kids.
10) My daughter doesn’t really like drawing with chalk on our walkways (we do have chickens walking around bugging her), so this framed outdoor magnetic chalkboard would be perfect! We could attach it to our fence and she can draw away. Found on My Colortopia.
11) Create this wooden slice pathway to cut a path through your grass. Kids will have fun hopping along the path through the yard. Found on Better Homes and Gardens.
12) Okay. Your backyard is now the kid friendliest backyard around, but where are you going to store all those toys? Hide them in a storage bench. Storage and seating in one piece. Found on I Heart Organizing.
We want to see what you’re crafting! You can share a link to what you’ve made in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram with a photo (my user name is @thepapermama).
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama
2 Responses to “ DIY-ify: 12 Ideas to Make a Kid Friendly Garden ”