From Aisle to Home: Holiday Entertaining Picks From Walmart
It’s a predicament many people face each holiday season—how do I change up my holiday table without breaking the bank? You don’t want style and elegance to suffer, but you’ve been using the same dinner and serve ware for years. This year, we’ve got creative, affordable holiday entertaining ideas using the Better Homes and Gardens collection at Walmart. The BHG Live Better Network of Bloggers was challenged with creating whimsical party and entertaining ideas for the holiday season, and we’ve bundled them up for you in this tight little bow. Grab your pen and paper and take notes! We guarantee you’ll get your creative juices flowing with these affordable entertaining ideas.
1. Anytime she’ll be entertaining, Anna Moseley from Ask Anna always plans ahead. Whether it’s grocery shopping or heading to Walmart to pick up seasonal dinnerware and candles, it’s important to give yourself enough time to prep.
3. You can also mix your metals, just like Monica Benavidez from Monica Wants It. Using gold flatware, BHG Metallic salad plates, and a BHG snowflake beaded placemat, this table setting is ready for your fancy guests!
5. Taryn Whiteaker at Design Dining and Diapers suggests blending holiday decor with everyday pieces. Here, she complements her square porcelain dinnerware with neutral—yet festive—seasonal plants and feathers.
6. Shannon Fox from Fox Hollow Cottage refreshed her couch with fluffy decorative pillows before welcoming holiday guests. Bonus tip: Keep a neutral palette with plenty of white pillows, but mix up sizes and textures for an interesting look.
7. Here comes the whimsy! For a different take on a holiday party, Randi Dukes from Dukes and Duchesses took inspiration from candy canes. Using mugs, serve ware and a cake stand from Better Homes and Gardens (and a touch of DIY-creativity!) this peppermint party will impress any guest.
8. Jamielyn Nye from I Heart Naptime added different candle accessories to her holiday tablescape. The red LED cinnamon-scented candles are a nice alternative to real fire, safe for kids (and clumsy adults!) alike.
9. Gloribell Lebron from I Don’t Know How She Does It doesn’t shy away from seasonal candle accessories on her holiday table, either. Here, she’s added a Wire Deer Tealight Holder, among other gold accessories.
10. Head outside for dessert just like Debbie Westbrooks from Refresh Restyle! Caramel apples, s’mores and fun drinks filled her holiday table, and seasonal dishes complement her white porcelain serving platters.
11. Don’t be afraid to experiment with unconventional hues! Here, Chris Nease from Celebrations at Home added pink to her Christmas table. Bold ornaments and shiny ribbon add a colorful twist to her Metallic Dinnerware from Better Homes and Gardens, which can be found at Walmart stores nationwide.
13. View from above! Camille Simmons from Planning Pretty used a natural table runner to break up her black and white table. Bonus tip: Alternating the placement of your square porcelain salad plates creates a different take on your typical table setting.
14. With guests in the home, consider putting together a do-it-yourself hot cocoa bar like Kimberly Sneed from A Night Owl Blog! Mugs are easy to grab and white canisters from Better Homes and Gardens at Walmart make displaying straws, candy canes, and other fixins’ a breeze.
For all of these products and more, shop online at Walmart.com/BetterHomesandGardens.
2 Responses to “ From Aisle to Home: Holiday Entertaining Picks From Walmart ”