Trend: Going Bold With Florals
I have always been a fan of playful colors and patterns and really love seeing bold florals being used more frequently as upholstery, wallpaper, window treatments, throw pillows and area rugs. Of course, what really gets me excited is when I can incorporate floral patterns into my organizing and storage solutions as well.
I have been a long time believer that organizing projects are more likely to be maintained when you add a little extra detail and love to the mix. For me, that typically involves using decorative storage pieces that I either DIY or purchase. Whether that be a beautiful basket, a pretty label or patterned paper to line the kitchen drawers, selecting storage solutions that blend with our style and our home is was excites me to get organized and even more importantly, stay organized.
Here are a few ways that you can incorporate the beautiful floral trend into your daily routine and with storage solutions around your home.
- Use a piece of your favorite floral fabric to sew up some new liners for your baskets around the home
- Update a piece of storage furniture with a floral stencil or piece of floral wallpaper
- Add work-happy floral stationery to your desk for keeping track of your daily thoughts and To Do lists
- Corral loose change, pens and pencils, makeup brushes or kitchen utensils within a floral dish, vase or coffee mug
- Use floral washi tape for labeling gadget cords, file folders, leftovers in the fridge and on the faces of decorative storage boxes
- If you love to utilize technology for organizing, add a floral case to protect your gadget
- Select reusable shopping bags in a playful floral pattern to make trips to the market much more fun
- Bring a little extra joy to your organizing projects by lining the backs of bookcases, cabinets and the insides of drawers with pretty floral papers
- You can also use those papers to up-cycle food containers which can be used as small storage all over your home
- Cover empty cardboard boxes with wallpaper, fabric or gift wrap to give yourself high end looking storage on a budget
How have you been bringing bold floral patterns into your daily routine?
3 Responses to “ Organize With This: Bold Floral Patterns! ”