Get the Look: Decorating with Pink and Blue
TREND: Pink and blue move beyond the baby’s nursery.
When you hear of decorating with pink and blue, especially paired together, people tend to think of nurseries or kids’ rooms. The colors can easily look right at home in adult spaces too though! The trick is to keep either the pink or the blue bright and saturated, as opposed to using pastel “baby” colors. The living room above is a great example of this in action. The blue is soft and sweet, but that vivid pink (almost magenta) keeps things lively. You can get a similar look with the items below.
- Blue Lacquer Hexagon Tray, Jonathan Adler
- Pink Hydrangea Stems (Faux), Pottery Barn (or use fresh flowers, of course!)
- Paint: Tropical Breeze, Behr
- Louis XVI Hand-Carved Upholstered Chair, Restoration Hardware
- Campaign Coffee Table, Horchow
- Athena Bone Glazed Lamp, Lamps Plus
- Fruit Bowl and Plate with Biscuits, Cézanne print, Art.com
- Eton Sofa with Slipcover, Ballard Designs
- Eyelash Coral Pillow, Crate & Barrel
- Linden Lake Pillow, Linden Lake Pillow
– Nicole Balch, Making it Lovely
20 Responses to “ Get the Look: Decorating with Pink and Blue ”