Chalky Pastel Jam Jars + Decorate With Flowers Book Giveaway!
We’re Holly Becker and Leslie Shewring, two friends and colleagues who live in opposite sides of the world who came together thanks to the internet, frequent flyer miles and Skype to forge a friendship and to work on projects that we love, like Decorate With Flowers. Below is one of our DIY projects from our book. It’s a quick, easy way to bring color to castoff jars and make your flowers appear as works of art.
How to Make Chalky Pastel Jam Jars
You will need:
- Recycled jam jars
- Latex paint in a variety of colors
- Smaller bottles to fit inside
- Hardware stores often sell small sample-size containers of latex paint. This is an inexpensive way to get a wide variety of colors for this project as you do not need much paint for each jar. Pour a small amount of paint into a clean glass jar.
- Coat the inside of the jar by tilting it to move the paint around as you cover the inside. Add more paint as needed.
- When the inside is fully coated carefully pour out any excess paint and wipe the rim and outside of the jar clean. Let dry. This may take a day or two.
- You cannot get the inside of your painted jars wet as the paint will peel off, so place smaller bottles inside to hold the water for your flowers.
Flowers used in this project:
- Garden rose
Win our book!
To enter to win one of 5 copies of Decorate With Flowers, tell us below: “What is your favorite kind of flower?”. For another opportunity to win, connect with Better Homes and Gardens on Twitter and re-tweet the tweet marked with the hashtag #BHGFlowers. We’ll conduct a random drawing from the entries received to select the winners. See the official contest rules here.
Photos and project from Decorate With Flowers.
54 Responses to “ Chalky Pastel Jam Jars + Decorate With Flowers Book Giveaway! ”