Trend: Pennant Decor for the Outdoors
To me, summertime is all about hanging out on the porch, deck, or patio with friends, the pup, and some grilled fare. And while the great outdoors offer up plenty of pretty, a few quick accents go a long way in creating a festive gathering. My decor of choice? The pennant. It’s throwback style, when partnered with carnival lights, makes for one magical evening. Here are a couple of my favorite DIY pennant projects — but keep scrolling, and I have an even easier version for you!
How to: Quick and Easy Napkin Pennants
1. Find a stack of cheap, vintage, or thrifted square cloth napkins. Any size will work — the larger the napkin, the larger the flag!
2. Gather a thin rope, thick string, or other cording in the length according to your space. Remember to include a bit extra so you can swag the flags!
4. Straighten out the rope, and fold each napkin into a triangle, fabric right-side-out. Slide the rope into the fold so the length of the napkin is covering the rope.
5. If you’d like to reuse the napkins after this, simply use safety pins to attach the napkin to the rope. (See image above for details.) If you’d like a more permanent attachment, use seam tape and an iron to adhere.
6. Repeat with remaining napkins. Once everything is attached, string up the handmade pennants up and enjoy!
My garden shed has never looked so cute!
–Alexa Fornoff, shopBHG editor
PS: We used napkins in shades of white for our wedding — it was a cheap solution that made a huge impact!
One Response to “ DIY-ify: Pretty Pennants ”