What’s Hot Now:
1. Gold & Brass Accents: Whether in the form of a pretty chandelier or as the hardware on a dresser, adding small doses of gold always seems to give a space a great eclectic yet elegant vibe.
1. Bold Colors: For a color happy gal, I have always loved when color makes it’s way into a space in a bold way, but I think until more recently, I was in the minority. However, more and more I am seeing bright and saturated colors being used not only as accessories, but on walls and in furniture, and I am crossing my fingers that it is a trend that stays for the long haul.
2. Instagram: OK, so Instagram became my new favorite photo taking, photo sharing, photo everything app this year, but I am hoping that we begin seeing all sorts of new and creative ways to display the beautiful photos that are being snapped each day.
3. Graphic Prints: Not only do I see more color in the future, but I also see striking patterns and prints continuing to shine on the home front as well. Everything bold wins; from damask to ikat, stripes to scallop, oversized florals to honeycomb, even my personal favorite, the polka dot!
Style Q& A:
1. Trend I’d Lose: Owls. I love a good ceramic animal as much as the next person, but I see owls everywhere I go, and would be OK if someone decided to introduce a new animal to the mix.
2. Blog I’m Loving: Our Fifth House. I am so in love with Carmel’s bold use of color and patterns!
3. Person I’m Following: Jenny Komenda. I adore her blog and love to follow her social media sites to snag a sneak peek at pretty photos and projects.
4. Show I’m Watching: Home by Novogratz. They are fearless when it comes to design and have an anything goes mentality. I also admire their ability to mix and match styles and give every room a personality of it’s own.
5. Store I’m Shopping: Etsy. Etsy has become my first source for all things home and office since I love the idea of adding unique and handmade items whenever possible.
6. Color I’m Coveting: Pink. I think every room needs a small pop of pink.
7. Accessories I’m Adding: I love to collect graphic decorative bowls. I place them all over my home because they are not only pretty, but functional.
Happy New Year! -Jen Jones, I Heart Organizing
2 Responses to “ Now + Next: Jen Jones ”