This year, we have seen a lot of neutral/white walls with bright pops of color, especially with the neon trend. It’s still fresh, and continues to evolve, but here are some great examples of white, cheery spaces, with color infused in all the accents:
A few trends that will be picking up speed this year are below. Polka dots and stripes and other geometrics have been everywhere, and I see hearts getting thrown into the mix, too, for a slightly more organic look with a bit of cheek. Also, masculine details permeate fashion, they are spilling over into home decor as well. Tailored details, smart accessories, and even bold dark colors make for polished looking spaces, perfected with gold details. This also seems to be a trend with baby names as boy names are becoming appropriate options for baby girls. Lastly, as the neon trend evolves, colors are becoming punchier and bolder. Rainbow hued accessories and decor are popping up, and are just as fun painted on a color as they are for a throw pillow, so don’t be afraid to go bright!
1. Trend I’d Lose: Chevron – I have loved it, and have it in my house, but I’m ready to move on.
2. Blog I’m Loving: 100 Layer Cake
3. Person I’m following: Joy Cho
4. Show I’m watching: The New Girl (love Jess’s wardrobe) and Elementary (love the stripped down feel of Sherlock’s brownstone and all the textures and details within)
5. Store I’m Shopping: Scott’s Antique Market
6. Color I’m Coveting: the perfect shade of pinky peach and also punches of black here and there
7. Accessories I’m Adding: Wallpaper! We are wallpapering one wall in the new nursery, and I’m so excited.
Sources, from top left: (1) Living Room; (2) Gallery Wall; (3) Matilda & Phoebe’s Room; (4) Bedroom; (5) C’est tout print; (6) Heartbreaker Sweater; (7) Pink Heart Print; (8) Heart Ceiling; (9) Quincy’s Nursery; (10) Kudu Lamp; (11) Leopard Loafers; (12) Plaid Chair; (13) Hinson & Co Albert Hadley’s Fireworks Wallpaper, Red; (14) Blossom Print; (15) Heart Shirt; (16) Pinwheel Rug; (17) Kelly Green Dresser
Hope you enjoy! Happy 2013! ~Joni, Lay Baby Lay )
2 Responses to “ Now & Next: Joni Lay ”