Now + Next: Kelly Eagle
What’s Hot Now: Navy and Gold
The sophisticated combination of navy and gold has been seen in fashion and home decor for a couple of months now, and I love how preppy and chic the combo feels. The bold wallpaper and over-sized gold mirror in this entryway makes a big first impression!
1. Metallics – and not just one metallic, people are becoming more comfortable with mixing metallics. In the same way people wear black and navy together, using different shades of gold and silver in a room shows fearless style.
2. Florals – Seen all over the runway for spring, florals are popping up in everything home design. This table cloth from Anthropologie looks like a watercolor and even though it’s floral, it feels modern.
3. Meaningful Decor – While this isn’t necessarily a style trend, it’s becoming more and more apparent that people are more interested in quality rather than quantity in their homes. They want the things they live with everyday to mean something. They want to love what is in their home because no one can afford to completely re-decorate their house as often. I see people are holding out for the one thing they really want, rather than settling for something close that will do ‘for now.’ Even in my own home, the accessories in our most used rooms are family photos, meaningful buys from our travels or pieces passed down from family. I have to say, I’m loving this trend!
- Trend I’d Lose: Peekaboo dresses and tops. Mesh doesn’t count as a shirt, people!
- Blog I’m Loving:Habitually Chic
- Person I’m Following: Katie Bower of Bower Power. I’m dying to see their huge kitchen remodel unfold – it’s almost finished!
- Show I’m Watching:Happy Endings (on ABC). Not only is the show hilarious, they all live in these beautiful Chicago condos, ranging from a mod highrise to a cozy cottage-y studio.
- Store I’m Shopping: Zara Home
- Color I’m Coveting:Pantone’s color of the year, Emerald, of course! The color looks fantastic on every skin tone, with every hair color, and who doesn’t love emerald jewelry?
- Accessories I’m Adding: Glittery earrings. Tis the season, right?
- Kelly Eagle, Associate Home Editor for bhg.com
14 Responses to “ Now + Next: Kelly Eagle ”