For the next few weeks we’re celebrating the New Year with a series of posts on home decor trends inspired by the January Now + Next issue of Better Homes and Gardens! Check out the January issue on newsstands now, plus stay tuned for Style Spotter trend posts from our fabulous contributing bloggers!
What’s Hot Now:
Mixing patterns! Polka dots with plaids, stripes with paisley, the more the merrier! I think it creates a fun and casual space while still feeling very intentional and designed.
1. I really hope to see a movement toward this concept of designing with the things YOU love: using pieces that you have collected and cherish, regardless of whether they are trendy or in style. I also think it’s important to realize that design is a process. A room or space doesn’t just happen; it takes time to build and create.
2. In addition to personal designs, I’m also hoping to see more designs that are bold and courageous. I love trendsetters and designers who push the boundaries a little bit to create interesting, but still beautiful and comfortable spaces.
- Trend I’d Lose: Chevron – As much as I love this pattern (I have it in my house.), now that it’s everywhere – and I do mean everywhere – I’m ready to move on.
- Blog I’m Loving: There are too many to count, though, one of my favorites is Bright Bazaar from the amazingly talented Will Taylor.
- Person I’m Following: The Beekman Boys, Josh and Brent, are all over my radar these days. They have accomplished so many incredible things over the past few years. Their talents are endless and inspiring!
- Show I’m Watching: Two of my favorite shows are Modern Family and The New Normal. Both are hilarious, and the homes are gorgeous. It’s always fun to see how a space is actually lived in.
- Store I’m Shopping: I’m loving West Elm these days. They have such a beautiful mix of modern and traditional pieces and accessories. Plus, I’m so happy to see them embrace some brighter colors!
- Color I’m Coveting: A golden yellow has quickly become one of my favorite colors.
- Accessories I’m Adding: For me, it’s all about vintage accessories or pieces that tell a story or have meaning
- Michael Wurm, Jr. – Inspired by Charm
10 Responses to “ Now + Next: Michael Wurm, Jr ”