Makeup in a Hurry
Yikes! You've planned the dinner menu, set the table, and your guests are arriving any minute now. You catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and notice that your face is covered in flour and tomato paste -- and you look like you could use a nap. Don't worry -- here's what the experts say to do if you have two, five, or 10 minutes to get gorgeous.
Everything In This Slideshow
1 of 9
2 Minutes to PrettyShop more makeup now!
"When you only have several minutes, skip the traditional routine of moisturizer, primer, and foundation," says makeup artist Lata Gjonbalaj of Fix Beauty Bar in New York City. "Instead, opt for a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream."
Here's what you need:
- Tinted moisturizer/BB cream
- Eyeshadow (natural shade)
- Waterproof eyeliner
- Gloss or sheer lipstick
2 of 9
How to Get Party-Ready in Two Minutes
- Apply a tinted moisturizer or BB cream all over your face with your fingertip.
- Sweep a natural eye shadow shade like taupe or brown all over your lid. Then, line your eyes with a waterproof liner and it will stay on all day.
- Dab on some gloss or sheer lipstick; both are more forgiving if you stray outside the lip line.
3 of 9
5 Minutes to Fabulous
“When you are in a time crunch, using multipurpose products will help cut down the makeup application routine,” says Achelle Dunaway, makeup artist and creative director for e.l.f. Cosmetics.
Here’s what you need:
- Brow pencil
- Matte lipstick
4 of 9
How to Get a Five-Minute Face
- First start with a concealer -- just a few dabs on any imperfections and blended in will give you a beautiful natural effect.
- Contour your face with a bronzer (dust a little into the hollows of your cheeks) and then use that same bronzer as a neutral eyeshadow.
- Fill in your brows with a brow pencil and then use the same pencil as an eyeliner.
- Next, grab a matte pink or rose lipstick. Apply a few dots of the lipstick onto your cheeks and blend in, then swipe on lips for a pretty pop of color.
- Finally, apply a few coats of mascara to your lashes.
Get Gorgeous Skin for Your Next Party
Flawless skin is the foundation of great party makeup. Learn the best foundation to apply in hurry and how to prep your skin so you glow all evening.
Want to do a little more? Click to learn a 10-minute makeup look.
6 of 9
10 Minutes to Amazing
“Going from day to night? No need to start all over with your makeup look,” says Amanda Gabbard of Guerlain Spa.
Here’s what you need:
- Duo eyeshadow
- Face powder
- Gloss or lipstick
7 of 9
How to Master the 10-Minute Face
- Blend a little foundation and/or concealer into skin to even out your complexion.
- Apply a darker, more dramatic line on the top lash line with an additional wing tip at the end for fun flair. You can also line the lower inner water rim for added nighttime drama.
- Use a small duo eye shadow (one with dark and light shades) to create a smoky eye. Use the darker shade in the lid's crease, then use the lighter color to highlight under the brow and along the inner corner of the eye.
- With the same highlighting shadow, take your finger and swipe a bit of it on the upper cheekbone for a healthy-looking glow.
- Finally, use a skin-tone matching powder all over the face and swipe a colorful gloss or lipstick on the lips to bump up the look…fast!
Contouring Made Easy
Contouring may seem like a lengthy process, but we show you how to achieve a sculpted face in just a few simple steps.
Next Slideshow The Best Makeup for Women Over 50
The Best Makeup for Women Over 50Want to look younger instantly? Start by making some easy tweaks to your cosmetic bag. Find out why your current look might be aging you. Then, follow our easy, age-defying makeup tutorials to help you achieve more youthful, glowing skin, brighter eyes, and fuller lips.Begin Slideshow »