BHG.com / Bathrooms / Bathroom Remodeling Ideas / DIY Bathroom Projects / DIY Bathroom Vanity: Convert a Dresser into a Bathroom Sink
- Use a jigsaw to cut a hole in the top of the dresser for the sink and a hole saw to make the 1-1/4-inch-diameter faucet opening.
- Remove drawers or shelves that prevent the sink and pipes from fitting properly. Attach the drawer faces as false fronts, or reconfigure the drawers to fit around the pipes.
- Measure the height from the floor of the water supply and drain lines. Use a jigsaw to cut an opening in the back of the furniture piece, where the pipes from the wall will come through.
- Lightly sand the dresser, then seal it with marine varnish to protect it against splashes.
- Once all adjustments are made and the dresser is in place, mount the sink and seal it with caulk. Mount the faucet and reconnect the plumbing.