Medium eggs cost less than large eggs, so for many uses, substituting medium-size eggs for larger eggs is a smart way to pinch pennies.
In cooking, egg-size substitutions make little difference at all. In baking, however, they may.
Follow this key to adjust recipes for using medium eggs:
- 1 large egg is the equivalent of 1 medium egg or 1 extra-large egg.
- 2 large eggs are the equivalent of 2 medium eggs or 2 extra-large eggs.
- 3 large eggs are the equivalent of 4 medium eggs or 3 extra-large eggs.
- 4 large eggs are the equivalent of 5 medium eggs or 4 extra-large eggs.
- 5 large eggs are the equivalent of 6 medium eggs or 5 extra-large eggs.