Mold on the Leaves of my Phlox
Mold has started growing on my phlox; is there anything I can do to save them? There's something about Epsom Salts that is good for plants but I can't remember what. Is it helpful for this situation? It was a very cool and wet spring.
Submitted by BHGPhotoContest

The "mold" growing on your garden phlox is a fungus called powdery mildew. Some varieties are quite susceptible to it and others are very resistant. If yours is severely affected by the fungus, you may want to consider replacing it with a disease-resistant type. Spraying with horticultural oil can provide some protection from the disease, but this likely will need to be done every year as long as you keep this plant.

Answered by BHGgardenEditors