Is it safe for my children and pets if I grow poinsettias?
Is it safe for my children and pets if I grow poinsettias? I've heard that they're poisonous.
Submitted by BHGPhotoContest

Poinsettias are not poisonous, although it's wise to keep children or pets from eating them, because they may have been treated with pesticides. However, they do contain a milky sap that can cause an allergic skin reaction similar to the latex allergy some people experience. If you're sensitive to latex, use caution (and wear cotton or leather gloves!) when handling poinsettias.

Answered by BHGgardenEditors