Ask Better Homes & Gardens

Experts and BHG readers answer.


What can I purchase to kill @ small tree stumps that I have in my garden. The trees were cut down late spring>
Submitted by BHGPhotoContest

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. If you are asking what will get rid of stumps, there are stump-rotting chemicals you can buy to help the decomposition of the trunk. If you are talking about resprouting trunks, you'll need to clip back the new growth and immediately brush the cut stems with a strong brush-killer such as Brush B Gone. Do this right away before the cut ends scab over. You can buy all these products at Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-mart or independent garden centers.

Community Answers


Answer this Question

Enter an Answer to this Question

500 characters left