Ask Better Homes & Gardens

Experts and BHG readers answer.


I have hollyhocks coming up with a wood panel fence as a back drop. What should I use to stake them so they will grow up the fence?
Submitted by BHGPhotoContest

Hollyhocks are pretty strong on their own, but as the flower stalks grow taller you might want to give them extra support with Y stakes. You can buy these from Gardener's Supply, Use their search box to look at all their options for plant supports. By the way, if you are a member of our new BHG Garden Club you can get a discount on all Gardener's Supply products in the BHG store. You can find our club information on the Gardening page of

Community Answers


Answer this Question

Enter an Answer to this Question

500 characters left