How do I landscape my ground level front porch?
My small front porch is ground level. I would like toput a garden in front of it, how do I start and what to so. It seems like I need a banister in front to seperate the two, please help, where can I download a picture to show you?
Thanks for writing! Without being able to see your yard in person, I'm afraid I really can't give any specific landscaping advice. But in general, here are some thoughts:
- You can create separation between your porch and yard structurally with something like a bannister or railing, with strategically placed container gardens, or a dense hedge.
- Use your house's style to give you inspiration: Play off lines, shapes, or colors to help the yard and home feel unified.
- Add interest and extra sensory appeal with fragrant plants such as lavender or roses to make your front entry more welcoming.
- If you need ideas for plants, check out our collection of free front yard garden plans.
- Get more ideas at http://www.bhg.com/gardening/landscaping-projects/landscape-basics/front-yard-landscape-secrets/
---Justin, Senior Garden Editor, BHG.com
Community Answers 0