Experts and BHG readers answer.
What is the recipe for chicken noodle soup pictured in the magazine?
Sorry to tease you with such a delicious image! Here is that amazing recipe, enjoy!
Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 3-1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut up, or 2-1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped carrot (2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 1-1/2 cups dried egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1. In a 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven combine chicken, water, onion, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is very tender.
2. Remove chicken from broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones. Discard bones and skin. Cut meat into bite-size pieces; set aside. Discard bay leaf. Skim fat from broth.
3. Bring broth to boiling. Stir in carrot and celery. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes. Stir in noodles. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes more or until noodles are tender but still firm. Stir in chicken and parsley; heat through.
4. Makes 8 servings (10-1/2 cups)