What are some picnic recipes using chicken or beef?
How nice of you! We've picked out a couple delicious chicken and beef recipes below that are easy to make and hold up well for a picnic.
- 1 2-1/2 lb. deli-roasted chicken
- 4 8- to 10-inch flour tortillas
- Fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup sauteed mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
1. Remove meat from chicken (discard skin and bones). Chop meat; reserve 2 cups. Cover and chill or freeze remaining chicken for another use.
2. Spoon chicken evenly on bottom halves of tortillas. Top with spinach and mushrooms. Sprinkle cheese evenly over mushrooms. Fold tortillas in half.
3. Heat quesadillas on a griddle over medium heat until browned on both sides and cheese is melted. If desired, serve with salsa and guacamole. Makes 4 servings.
Beefy Bagel Sandwiches
- 8 sliced dried tomatoes or dried tomato halves (not oil-packed)
- 12 oz. beef sirloin steak, about 3/4--inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 4 square bagels, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
1. Preheat broiler. Place tomatoes in small bowl; cover with water. Microcook on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Brush steak and onion slices with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange on unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil, 3 to 4 inches from heat, 12 to 16 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Thinly slice beef across grain in bite-size strips.
2. Drain tomatoes. Spread mayonnaise on bagels; fill with sliced beef and onions, tomatoes, and greens. Serves 4.
Community Answers 0