Can you make stuffed turkey breast in a crock pot?
Hello! We don't recommend making a stuffed turkey or chicken in the slow cooker because it can take too long for the stuffing inside to get up to a safe temperature. However, here is a good recipe for a slow cooker turkey:
- 3/4 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3-1/2- to 4-pound frozen boneless turkey roast, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. In a 3-1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker combine wine, onion, garlic, and bay leaf. If turkey is wrapped in netting; remove and discard netting. If gravy packet is present, remove and refrigerate for another use. Combine rosemary and pepper. Rub turkey with rosemary mixture. Place turkey in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours. Remove turkey and keep warm.
3. For gravy, strain cooking juices into a large measuring cup; discard solids. Skim fat from juices. Measure 1-1/3 cups juices into a small saucepan. Combine half-and-half and cornstarch; stir into juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Slice turkey. Spoon some gravy over turkey. Pass remaining gravy with turkey. Makes 6 to 8 servings.