With her incredible turkey expertise and her easy-going personality, Miller is a favorite with national and regional media. Interviews of note include CBS's The Early Show, CNBC's Squawk Box, The Wayne Brady Show, The Other Half and Larry King Live.
What is lemon zest?
Lemon zest is the thin yellow outer layer of the lemon. Remove this intensely flavored, citrus-oil-filled skin of the lemon with a fine grater, being careful not to grate into the spongy white layer beneath. The white layer is bitter and unpleasant, but the zest itself holds the essence of the lemon flavor.
If you love lemon flavor, try this recipe:
LEMON DROP BREAD
• 1/4 cup coarsely crushed lemon drops
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
• 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, cut up
• 3 cups bread flour
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1-1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
• 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the crushed lemon drops. Add the remaining lemon drops , the milk, egg, lemonade concentrate, margarine, flour, granulated sugar, lemon peel, salt, and active dry yeast to a 1-1/2- or 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions, adding the lemon drops with the flour. Select the basic white bread cycle and desired color setting.
2. In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir in enough milk (1 to 2 teaspoons) to make an icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over cooled loaf. Sprinkle with the reserved lemon drops. Makes 16 servings.
Servings per Recipe (16 servings): Calories 168, Total Fat (g) 2, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 14, Sodium (mg) 139, Carbohydrate (g) 32, Fiber (g) 1, Protein (g) 4, Vitamin C (DV%) 2, Calcium (DV%) 2, Iron (DV%) 7. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Community Answers 0