Experts and BHG readers answer.
With her incredible turkey expertise and her easy-going personality, Miller is a favorite with national and regional media. Interviews of note include CBS's The Early Show, CNBC's Squawk Box, The Wayne Brady Show, The Other Half and Larry King Live.
My cookies spread out too much in the oven. What can I do to prevent this?
Several factors could be contributing to this problem:
• Using too much grease on the cookie sheet. Grease sheets lightly or use parchment paper instead.
• Using warm cookie sheets. Be sure to cool sheets to room temperature between batches.
• Substituting butter in cookie recipes that call for shortening. Try half butter and half shortening to achieve a better result.
• Making cookies too big. Try making smaller-size cookies.
• Using warm cookie dough. Refrigerate—or even freeze dough balls—before baking.