I am out of graham cracker crumbs. Is there anything else I can use to make a yummy crumb piecrust?
There sure is! Depending on what flavor pie you are making, try one of these substitutions. For every 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, use:
• 1½ cups crushed gingersnaps (about 22 cookies)
This crust is wonderful with apple, pear, and pumpkin pies.
• 1½ cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 33 cookies)
This versatile crust complements almost any filling.
• 1½ cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 32 cookies)
This dark chocolaty crust goes best with raspberry, chocolate, caramel, or butterscotch fillings.
• 1½ cups crushed sandwich cookies (about 21 cookies)
Omit sugar from piecrust recipe. Try this crust with a peanut butter pie!
• 1½ cups crushed cornflakes.
This one is ready for almost any filling.
Community Answers 0